Originally designed by resort owner, Lytton in 1875. Then in 1896 the resort became known as the "People's Mineral Hygiene Co." and cherished for its mineral spring water still located on the property. In 1904 Lytton was purchased by General William Booth and established the "Boys and Girls Industrial "Home and Farm" known as an orphanage. The former resort building burned in 1919 but was restored. In the 1950s the site became, what it is today, an alcohol rehabilitation center known as Lytton ARC.